Friday, May 15, 2015

Thinking for Yourself

"If you are influenced by the opinions of others, you will have no desire of your own." -Napoleon Hill

I love my mom but there are things that she says to me that I have to ignore because it affects negatively my life decisions. It's not to say that I never take her input, she is a smart cookie after all - I just do what I feel is right for me.

Growing up, I had a hard time with this. Her opinion of what I should do, or what other people would tell me I should do, would often be what I ended up doing because I couldn't think for myself.

There comes a time in everyone's life where he needs to stand up for himself and make his own decisions. It is better to end up somewhere you wanted to go than to end up somewhere someone else wanted you to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top