Monday, December 1, 2014

The Outcast

I turned my back on cable T.V. for almost 8 years now and home internet for 2 years (I get early to work to update this blog) to give way to personal development. It pretty much made me an outcast to most of my friends as I was no longer in the loop regarding shows, news or any other things requiring a plug to the wall.
I still listen attentively to what they say but I can not actively participate to the conversation beyond my limited knowledge point regarding current shows/events. They, in return, listen to me when I speak about the principles I have learned and am currently trying to apply in my life. While we have that mutual respect, our conversation can be somewhat limited at times.

Obviously, I have lost some friends in this process, to no fault of our own, but I have made some new ones with whom I share similar interests. I understood this prior to disconnecting my life from most entertainment media and I don't regret my decision as I believe your real friends will stick with you no matter what. The friends that decide to leave were probably going to leave anyway.

If you are in this predicament, remember that it's your life and that while it can be difficult to loose some friends, there are many more out there that are just waiting for an opportunity to develop a friendship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top