Thursday, November 20, 2014

Tales of Two Authors

The story goes of 2 authors that was interviewed about their work. One was a successful author and the other was still in the process of releasing his first book.

When asked "How do you get inspired?" to the first, less successful, author he replied "I write when ever I'm inspired, I let it come to me. Inspiration can't be forced, it should come naturally to you." The second, successful, author said "I force my inspiration by writing anything that comes to mind. Eventually, after the gears start turning, ideas creep in for my story and I can move on."

If you wait for inspiration before getting your creative work done, you'll only be productive once every blue moon. When you force your hand, it brings sparks in the creative area of the brain and ideas will starts to flow. Creativity requires more discipline than inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top