Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Life Is An Experience, Experience It.

Life is about experience, through experience you learn and when you learn; you grow. A question I asked to hundreds of people is "What's the most important thing for you in a relationship?".

Most said trust, some said honesty or respect. When I asked them a little bit about their previous relationships, I realized that the reason why they came up with those conclusions was because they felt pain when their mate were dishonest, disrespectful or cheated on them...

Benjamin Franklin once said “Those things that hurt, instruct” and I found it to be true in these cases. People said "I want respect" when they were disrespected or "I want trust/honesty" when they were cheated on or were the victim of dishonesty. It does make sense that their answers match their experiences.

What would your answer be?

---
Revision Wednesday
Blog post originally created on June 4, 2008 and can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top