Thursday, May 16, 2013

Does your mind have a "6 pack"?

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body." -Joseph Addison

I went through 12 years of schooling failing to understand the importance of a good education. After each year, my friends and I would gather around to burn our notes and books while celebrating the end of yet another school year.

“You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.” ― Charlie Tremendous Jones

The brain is a muscle that people prefer to entertain rather than educate. The problems (finances, relationships ... etc) of the world is not the problem; our lack of knowledge towards them is. It's because we don't know how to manage money that we're in debt. It's because we don't know how to get along that we're divorced or fight with each other. Pick up a book from a great author and start that self-improvement process and think!

I'm thankful to have found an association of individuals (TEAM - LIFE) who showed me the importance of a good education. It's through their example that I found the hunger to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top