Friday, July 22, 2011

"Leadership: Tidbits and treasures" Book Review

I usually write reviews of the books I read in a small journal. Through some chain of events, I’ve lost it and I decided to write one on here instead.

Now before I start, here’s a little bit of my recent background. I’ve been through a lot of emotional experience lately and I use books to try to figure out things about my life. "Leadership: Tidbits and treasures" book, by Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward, did just that.

The title best defines what the book is about; “Leadership: Tidbits and treasures” is a book with short chapters that cover various subjects for individuals looking to lead. The book covered a vast aray of subjects (Integrity, character, freedom, politics … just to name a few).

What I liked the most about those authors is the simplicity of the words they use. I don’t need to have a dictionary at hand to understand the point that they’re trying to make. They also tend to back up their messages by quoting what other authors said on the subject which shows that they spend time studying.

If I would have a rating system, I would give this books 4.5 thumbs up out of 5 (I would give it a 5 thumbs up but one of my thumbs got cut off in half … I don’t want to talk about it). I recommend this book to anyone who’s looking for an easy read on leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top