Friday, May 13, 2011

The system - Teenage rebel

In my late teenage years, I used to prefer black over other colors because it felt “different” and “rebel”ish. I would wear black leather bracelet with black long hair, black jacket … black... black ...black.

I used to think that by doing so I was “fighting the system”. Little did I know that not only was I not, I was encouraging it. There’s people out there that spend their lives studying communities, or trends, and I was just part of the “rebel want to be” group. They studied people like me and created items that would peaked my interest in order to get my money (or my parents money).

How can it be called “rebelling” against the system when all of it is anticipated and welcomed. The “rebelling” was but an illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top