Monday, March 28, 2011

Life’s lesson - House Rat

“Lesson repeated until lesson learned.” - Unknown

Loosing things is often a sign of what need to change and sometimes you need to loose it more than once so that the error becomes evident to you.

To me, it’s with relationships that it shows the most. If I look back now, I can see a lot of the things I did wrong and it became evident, lately, that I was repeating one major mistake. That mistake is being a house rat. The kind that sit in his room and don’t socialize. I was blind to it until someone sat with me and told me about it. The first thing that went through my head is “I’ve been through this before!” and I felt like such a looser.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m very social but it comes to an end every time I’m in a relationship. I’m not into bar scenes nor anything like that, I just can talk to anyone about anything.

Every relationship I ever had was because of my ability to socialize. They were interested in me for that reason and when I stopped doing it, they lost interest in me and left (which I would do the same in their situation).

There’s other things I do wrong, obviously, this one just stands out the most every time and it would be stupid to ask the entire world to change for me and accept me so I have to change for “it”.

What things do you have to work on to be a better you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top