Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bible: The Cheat Sheet of Life

Instead of walking life with the thought of knowing everything, I now walk knowing that I don’t know anything. Which, in return, teach me a lot of things about everything. It’s like a kid who ask all sort of questions.

To bring that thought to religion, I learned that society didn’t really changed over the years and that the principles found in the bible can still be applied today. I see the bible as being a cheat sheet for life. Since we only have one chance at life, wouldn’t it be best to try to do it as best as we possibly can?

One of the most common lessons/verse, often ignored, is the golden rule “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matthew 7:12). Now why would someone apply such a rule in his life? If you want to have successful relationships, people need to like you.
How do you make them like you? By treating them the way you would like to be treated (respect, love, feeling of appreciation, etc...). If I make you feel good, do you want to hang around me more or less?

The bible doesn’t give direct answers, it gives pointers. In this case, it didn’t say “People like it when you do this, this and this.” It just said “Treat others the way you like to be treated” which, logically, brings the question “How do I like to be treated?”. By focusing on the question, you come to learn a lot about yourself.

Most people now days will die without knowing who they really are because they never asked themselves those questions.

Now you could say something like “I don’t need the bible to ask myself that kind of question”. It’s true, you don’t but what are the chances that you’re going to ask yourself such question without a manual?

Before the bible, I never really asked myself anything.

“Wisdom Is applying biblical principals into your life.” -Orrin Woodwards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top