Friday, September 24, 2010

Short Term Entrepreneurs

Most people, including me, stress about money all the time and it will be like that until a few minutes before we die.

If you ask a billionaire, or someone who lives on the streets, on their death bed “Do you want an extra 10 million dollars or an extra 10 years to live?” What is the answer they’ll more likely say?

What good is money if you don’t have time to enjoy it?

I love entrepreneurs, I look for them all the time to ask them questions. Some say that they’re going to start their own business in the “Near future”. When I ask them what’s stops them from doing it now, they usually come with 2 answers. The most popular one is “Debt” the second is “There’s some things I have to do first”.

What will change in 5 years? Do they think that they’ll be out of debt? That the “things they have to do first” won’t get more complicated?

The same person who said he couldn’t start a business because of debt bought a big flat screen TV. How is that going to get you out of debt?

In a way, it’s like they’re lying without even noticing it!

What I learn from all of this is that I shouldn’t listen to what they say, I should look for what they do. If someone tells me he wants to get out of debt before getting in business and I see him pay his debt there’s more chance I’ll see him start a business than someone who bought a TV.

Back to Top