Monday, August 16, 2010

What loosing can teach you

We all want to win. It's embedded in us. One of the first competition I went to was back in my soccer days. The tournament lasted a week-end and we ended up winning second place.

It all sounds good, here's what people don't know. That week-end, I didn't really gave it my all. I was slacking, I was messing around ... my head wasn't in the game. That "victory" still haunts me to this day. There's nothing worse than not giving it your all and winning second place. What if I would have actually gave it my all?

Second place wasn't the victory. Victory is being able to find your faults in your losses. You can only change what you can identify and you'll only change them once you can't tolerate them.

It took me a long time to learn that one.

What did loosing teach you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top